I hope you weren't expecting hammers and power drills.
This section contains a set of online tools that you can use to help set your weight loss goals, and to help identify if your health is at risk. The tools you will find in this section are:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) - This is a simple tool that allows you to calculate your Body Mass Index based on your height and weight. According the the CDC, "A high BMI can be an indicator of high body fatness. BMI can be used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems but it is not diagnostic of the body fatness or health of an individual."
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) - This tool allows you to calculate your BMR. This tools takes your weight, height, age and gender to provide you with an approximation of the amount of calories that your body requires each day in order to sustain life functions, assuming that you are completely inactive.
- Harris Benedict Formula - This tools uses the Harris Benedict Formula to adjust your BMR based on your level of activity. It will tell you how many calories you need to maintain your current weight at your current level of activity. Before you visit this page, please be sure to calculate your BMR.
- Body Fat Calculator - This tool helps you to determine how much body fat you are carrying in comparison to your over body mass. It enables you to see if your body fat percentage is in an acceptable healthy range.
- Waist to Hip Ratio - This simple tool helps you to determine your overall health risk based on the ratio of your hip circumference to your waist circumference.
- Water Calculator - Water helps to keep your metabolism running more efficiently, but too much water can be fatal. Find out how much water you should be drinking.